Are you passionate about helping people turn their lives around? Then apply to work for us now.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with either:
1) A brief covering letter and your CV
2) A completed application form – either the Employment Application Form or the Volunteer Application Form.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We are committed to Equality of Opportunity for everyone.
For any queries please contact the HR team:
Tel: 01622 814187
Recruitment Privacy Notice
This notice explains what personal data (information) we will hold about you, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during the application process. We are required to notify you of this information, under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘privacy notice’) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
Who collects the information
Kenward Trust is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you.
Data protection principles
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection Employment Policy.
About the information we collect and hold
We may collect the following information up to and including the shortlisting stage of the recruitment process:
- Your name and contact details (ie address, home and mobile phone numbers, email address);
- Details of your qualifications, experience, employment history including job titles, salary and working hours and interests.
- Information regarding your criminal record.
- Details of your referees.
We may collect the following information after the shortlisting stage, and before making a final decision to recruit:
- Information about your previous academic and/or employment history, including details of any conduct, grievance or performance issues, appraisals, time and attendance, from references obtained about you from previous employers and/or education providers☐.
- Information regarding your academic and professional qualifications ☐.
- Information regarding your criminal record, in criminal records certificates (CRCs) and enhanced criminal records certificates (ECRCs) ☐.
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification and immigration information☐.
- A copy of your driving licence☐.
You are required (by law or in order to enter into your contract of employment) to provide the categories of information marked ‘☐’ above to us to enable us to verify your right to work and suitability for the position.
How we collect the information
We may collect this information from you, your referees (details of whom you will have provided), your education provider, the relevant professional body, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), the Home Office.
Why we collect the information and how we use it
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes.
- to take steps to enter into a contract;
- for compliance with a legal obligation (eg our obligation to check that you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom);
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; and
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
How we may share the information
We may also need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as HR consultants and professional advisers. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information with our regulators or as required to comply with the law.
Sensitive personal information and criminal records information.
Further details on how we handle sensitive personal information and information relating to criminal convictions and offences are set out in our Data Protection Employment Policy, available on the G Drive/ Staff Information/ Policies and Procedures/ Employee Policies and Procedures.
Admissions & Enquiries
To apply for any of our projects, please download and fill in the appropriate forms, or follow the links to apply online. Acceptance is subject to interview and risk/needs assessment. We are able to travel to meet you to do this.